We have a new member of our team, Kari Wallin! Posted on December 29th, 2020 by

Gustavus Sustainability Interns are excited to have a new team member: Kari Wallin, who joined the Gustavus community at the end of November. Kari was recently hired as the new Compost, Waste, and Environmental Sustainability Manager. She graduated from Bethel College in 2017 with an Environmental Science degree and was recently employed by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. She is excited to be a part of the team and will be a valuable link between academics, operations, and the administration. 

Wallin, reflecting on her past month at Gustavus, stated, “I’m so excited to be joining the community here at Gustavus and working towards our campus sustainability goals together. I’m looking forward to collaborating with the amazing Sustainability Interns, students, faculty, and staff on exciting projects and challenges such as increasing composting and recycling and reducing waste, providing sustainability training, working towards campus energy reduction, and more. I’ve already felt so welcome here at Gustavus and am thrilled to be here. In my time away from work, you can find me outdoors (hiking, biking, gardening, skiing, whatever else I can do to get outside), reading, baking, and hanging out with my husband, family, and friends. Looking forward to getting to know you all!”

Welcome, Kari!

Photo of Kari Wallin, provided by Wallin